Normally, when you think of and ask around where to go in Taiwan, the things-to-do and places-to-see that would pop on your mind are binge eating in night markets or sidewalk, shopping, and/or limited edition kicks/sneakers. Well, let me introduce to you an island filled with furry creatures. These pets will charm your way in their shophouses and will make you actually take time to check their items out. Some would even model for a pet store while wearing a costume that they are selling (couldn’t find the little guy’s photo! :(). They may be sluggishly lying around and won’t budge, but don’t they all look awfully cute and cuddly?
- A handsome fella in Jiufen Old Street
2. Not-so-snobbish little guy in a leather goods shop in Jiufen
3. Can’t-be-bothered lad guarding the shophouse in Jiufen
4. Garfield-look a like in the streets of Jiufen
S/he is way bigger in person. Probably 6-inch wide.
4. Tongue’s out for this Shih Tzu
5. The baby walker in my cover photo was seen in Huashan 1914 Creative Park